Vertical Water Exercise, Swimming, Water Walking, Ai Chi, Aqua Yoga, AquaStretch™, WATSU
Why Exercise in the Water ?
Benefits of Water Exercise
- Improve muscle strength & endurance, flexibility, posture and balance
- Increase aerobic fitness levels
- Enhance circulation
- Reduce swelling and pain
- Improve ability to control and maintain healthy weight
- Release stress, tension and fatigue
Water Exercise Differs from Land Exercise
- Buoyancy – The water’s buoyancy allows you to do many exercises that are
difficult on land. Exercise impact is reduced in relation to the depth of the water.
Suspended, deep-water exercise is non-impact.
- Resistance – There is continual resistance to every move you make under the
water. The water offers more resistance than when you exercise on land, even
without adding aquatic equipment.
- Heart Rate – The properties of water alter the heart rate response during
exercise; heart rates are generally lower when exercising in water than when
exercising on land. You can actually work harder, longer and increase your
- Reduces Swelling – Submersion in water helps reduce edema (swelling caused
by excess fluid trapped in the body’s tissues.) This can be especially beneficial
to pregnant women, individuals with injuries or post-surgery, and those with joint
considerations, such as arthritis.
Many of these benefits are available just from being in the water.
Fit over Forty offers classes in Vertical Water Exercise, Swimming, Water Walking, Ai Chi, Aqua Yoga,
And individual sessions of AquaStretch™, WATSU, Medical Exercise Training/ Pre/Post Rehab Conditioning/Personal Training